Monday, 11 February 2013

Homework

I've been here for only a few days now but it has seemed like forever. It's silent prep now and I look around the room and look at all the new faces I see. I really like Cathy the thin, tall writer of Poems and boyish pretty Sophie, who is bubbly and lively.  Ann is really kind and Lisa is always strong and silent. Tracey whose quiet and bland, always seems to be a bother and there's  Emma whose got red hair and braces and is from Hong Kong. The only person I haven't gotten to know properly is Marina. She seems really kind and looks like a genuine girl, although the housemistress's told us not to put any pressure on her. I don't know where I fit in with these group of girls but I really seem to like Ann and Marina. I wonder how I can approach Marina without making her feel uncomfortable. I just want to be her friend, not only because she's alone and has no one to talk to, she seems like she could use a good friend. I do feel very very sorry for her though, I'm not sure what actually happened to her but there's a rumour going around that her father shot her. That makes me feel even more sorry for her. Preps over now and it's nearly lights out and I'm going to go to bed, I really do hope I become friends with Marina soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allexis, Great comment which shows understanding of and empathy for Marina. Do watch your use of apostrophes though, e.g. "Tracey who's [who is] quiet and bland..."
    Thank you for helping the girls set up their blogs. It was very helpful saved a lot of time.
    Ms M :]

    ReplyDelete